The Six Steps to Shaving
- Prior to shaving, gently wash the face with hot water or steam with a small towel / flannel soaked in hot water. This softens the beard and relaxes the face muscles.
- Thoroughly wet a badger hair shaving brush in hot water; apply a small amount of Edwin Jagger shaving cream to the brush and work up a rich creamy lather in the palm of one hand or in a shaving bowl.
- Lather the beard area with the brush using a circular motion to build up a good layer; this cleanses the face and lubricates the skin, allowing the razor to glide smoothly. To lather above the top lip, squeeze the brush between thumb and fingers.
- Using a clean razor, shave in the direction of beard growth. Let the razor glide over the skin without excessive pressure. Start at the sideburns and work down each side of the face toward the chin.
- To shave the area under the nose, push the nose upwards with one finger, shaving sideways across the top lip. Below the jaw line shave in the direction of the beard growth only the beard can grow in several different directions in this area, use wet fingers to learn the pattern of beard growth.
- After shaving rinse the face with cool water and apply an alcohol-free shaving lotion. Only apply fragrance to the sides of the neck and chest.
© 2013-present Edwin Jagger Limited. Registered in the United Kingdom, Company Number 03372480.